Join a Winning Team at Stadium Toyota
- Sales Representatives spend time with customers to determine their needs and discusses vehicle options
- Sales Representatives commit to becoming an auto sales expert and gain in-depth knowledge of Toyota vehicles and technology
- Sales Representatives test drive vehicles to demonstrate industry leading features
- Complete quotes and explain financing options
- Follow up with prospective customers and return email / voicemail
- Support on-line customers by setting appointments
- Follow up with existing customers to confirm their satisfaction and generate leads
If you are experienced in giving exceptional customer service, have the drive to earn unlimited income and want to build a career working as a sales representative with exciting new products, we look forward to talking with you.
The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to succeed. Our automotive sales representatives come from a variety of backgrounds and industries. You don’t have to have automotive sales experience to be successful but you should have experience providing exceptional customer service and previous sales experience is a plus.
- Prior experience working with customers and providing an exceptional experience
- Sales including inside sales, outside sales, or retail sales is a plus
- Steady work history and the commitment to starting a new career
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a “people person”)
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
- Excellent appearance, verbal/written communication, strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Must possess the ability to ask for the sale and follow through
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license
The Service Technician is responsible for servicing and repairing vehicles as assigned by the Service Manager, Team Leader, or Assistant Service Manager. In addition, the Service Technician may also be assigned to conduct pre-delivery service on a new vehicles to ensure excellent working order upon delivery to the customer. The ideal Service Technician has a high school diploma/GED, an unrestricted driver’s license, clean driving record, a minimum of one year of dealer-level or large facility experience, post secondary automotive training, is ASE certified (or is willing to obtain certification), and has a strong technical performance record.Duties & Responsibilities
- Expertly diagnose issues based upon experience, analysis, and testing
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of automotive diagnosis technology, digital manuals, and reference materials
- Possess an increasingly broad knowledge of how vehicles’ complex components work and interact
- Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines and other major components
- Repair automobiles and light trucks that run on gasoline, electricity, or alternative fuels, such as ethanol
- Adapt to rapidly changing technologies in the automotive industry, as well as in the diagnostics arena
The Express Lube Technician is responsible for servicing and repairing vehicles as assigned by the Service Manager, Team Leader, or Assistant Service Manager. This is an entry level position with an opportunity to grow in the automotive industry.
- Service vehicles. Execute oil checks and changes
- Perform a multi-point inspection of the vehicle including fluids, battery, brakes, belts, etc.
- Maintain dealership records by documenting inspection via computer systems on every line of the repair order.
- Perform all routine check-up and maintenance of vehicles.
- Check tire pressure, grease bearings, inspect repairs.
- Keep the shop area neat and clean, and be able to account for tools.
- Move vehicles safely
- Work efficiently in a fast paced environment, to meet customer’s promised wait times.
- As CSI is important, performance will be monitored and reviewed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed